Today, Americans are more health-conscious, much more aware of our bodies, and considerably more knowledgeable about physical health and illness in general. Mercy Medical Center - New Hampton is now offering a new program, where an individual can come to the laboratory and receive wellness screens without a physician's written order.
Wellness Laboratory Tests allow the public to manage their health and health concerns. This is not to take place of medical care; it is a quick, easy and inexpensive way for people to receive laboratory testing from our limited menu of Wellness Tests.
About Wellness Tests
- A physician's order is not required for these tests.
- Tests are offered from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday - Friday.
- A parent or guardian must accompany anyone under 18 years of age.
- The customer (if 18 or older, or parent/legal guardian if the person is under age 18) consents to take responsibility for the follow up of abnormal results.
- A physician will review critical test results.
- Payment for the tests must be received at the time of service in cash or check; insurance will not be billed.
- The results will be sent directly to you within one week of collecting the specimen. You are encouraged to share these results with your health care provider.
- Contact the lab at 641-394-1617 for a listing of tests offered. Or brochures are available in the hospital lobby.
We offer these low-cost wellness options:
Hematology Wellness - $15.00
- White Blood Count
- Red Blood Count and Indices
- Platelet Count
Glucose Wellness * - $10.00
Cholesterol Wellness *- $10.00
Lipid and Glucose Wellness * - $30.00
- HDL Cholesterol
- LDL Cholesterol (calc)
Chemistry Wellness * - $30.00
- Glucose (Diabetes)
- BUN (Kidney)
- Creatinine (Kidney)
- Calcium (Osteoporosis)
- Alkaline Phosphatase (Liver)
- ALT (Liver)
- Uric Acid (Gout)
- Total Protein (Nutritional Status)
Blood Type - $20.00
ALT Wellness - $10.00
AST Wellness - $10.00
Hemoglobin A1C Wellness - $30.00
- Glycohemoglobin (Diabetes)
TSH Wellness - $40.00
High Sensitivity CRP Wellness - $25.00
- High Sensitive C Reactive Protein (Cardiac)
Any recent illness, tissue injury, infection, arthritis, or general inflammation will raise the amount of CRP and give a falsely elevated estimate of risk. Taking nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (like aspirin, Advil, Motrin, and Naproxin) or statins (a class of cholesterol-lowering drugs) may reduce CRP levels in blood.
PSA Wellness - $45.00
PSA levels can also be elevated in a number of conditions other than cancer, such as benign prostatic hypertrophy (noncancerous enlargement of the prostate), prostatitis (inflammation or infection of the prostate), and after manipulation of the prostate (i.e., after a prostate biopsy or urinary catheterization).
- Prostate Specific Antigen (Prostate Cancer)
CA-125 Wellness - $55.00
Other than ovarian cancer, CA-125 may normally be increased in early pregnancy and during menstruation. It can also be increased in diseases such as pelvic inflammatory disease or endometriosis and sometimes in hepatitis, cirrhosis of the liver and any trauma to the abdomen.
*Individuals should be fasting. Fasting, for the laboratory, means no solid or liquid food for 12 hours and no alcohol 24 hours prior to specimen collection. Water should be taken in normal amounts. Continue taking your medication as directed by your health care provider.