How We Measure Up
Iowa hospitals and health systems have long been national leaders in public transparency of health care data. In Iowa, hospital identifiable discharge data, charges, quality and patient safety, infection data and financial and utilization indicators are widely available and utilized. Selecting your health care provider is an important decision and we invite you to visit the below link to a "one-stop" public portal for Iowa health care consumers to access publically available data sets.
Iowa Hospital Facts web portal will provide you access to to the following information*:
- Quality and patient safety data (Iowa Healthcare Collaborative (IHC)
- Hospital economic impact data (IHA)
- Infection data (IHC)
- Iowa health care data (IHA Profiles data website)
- Iowa Hospital Charges Compare (newly developed IHA website to replace PricePoint) with severity adjusted hospital charge data and selected hospital based ambulatory charges
- Iowa hospital jobs (IHA website for hospital open job positions)
- Medicare Hospital Compare (CMS)
- Comparative health care data (Commonwealth Fund)
- Community benefit of hospitals (IHA statewide data)
- Other links of interest to Iowa health care consumers
*Please note: Many indicators on this website require hospitals to have a minimum number of cases/patients to make the statistics accurate. Because Mercy Medical Center - New Hampton is a rural, Critical Access Hospital, there are several indicators where information is not available. If you are interesting in talking with Mercy about the availablity of certain statistics, please call 641-394-1626.
Those who have been to Mercy Medical Center for an inpatient stay or Emergency Room Visit or to Mercy Family Clinic may have received a patient satisfaction survey in the mail. We encourage patients to complete the surveys because they help us make decisions that affect you. Survey responses are confidential as a private research firm tabulates them. The combined results of the survey responses help us make positive changes to our services, processes and facilities.