8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 11 a.m., Saturday urgent care only
Remember to bring these items to the clinic for your appointment:
- Any medications you are taking
- Your insurance and/or Medicare or Medicaid ID cards
- Any co-pays or deductibles required by your insurance
Appointments can be made during office hours by calling Mercy Family Clinic -New Hampton at 641-394-2151.
- The best time to call is during mid-morning or mid-afternoon.
- Have a paper and pen handy to write down an appointment date and time, and any other instructions we may give you.
- Patients should arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to register and for the nurse portion of the visit. If you are unable to keep your appointment, please cancel it at least 24 hours in advance so that your appointment time can be given to another patient.
Tips for a successful clinic visit:
- When making an appointment, telephone us as far in advance as possible.
- Specify the nature of your problem so we can schedule an appropriate amount of time for your visit.
- Please check in at the front desk when you enter the clinic. It's a good idea to arrive 15 minutes early.
- Please advise the receptionist of any changes in your address, telephone number, insurance coverage, marital status, etc., that might have occurred since your last visit.
For all medication refills, always contact your pharmacy to request your medication refill. Don't wait until your medication is gone to request refills. Contact your pharmacy one week before you run out. If there are questions with your refill, a clinic nurse will contact you. Depending on the type of prescription, you may need to be seen by a physician before a refill will be granted. If you are unable to reach your pharmacy, we have a message line for your convenience. You will be asked to leave complete information regarding your medication refill request. Call 641-394-2151 and choose option #2.