Due to an increase of influenza cases in our area, Mercy Medical Center – New Hampton has enforced Level One Visitation Restriction for the protection of patients and to prevent the further spread of influenza. During Level One Visitation Restriction at Mercy – New Hampton:
- Visitors with respiratory and/or influenza like symptoms are restricted from visiting hospitalized patients;
- Visitors are triaged for Influenza like symptoms before entering the Birth Center and/or visiting a pediatric patient;
- Respiratory hygiene and cough etiquette are monitored and enforced by staff;
- Patients in isolation are limited to significant other/parents and two visitors.
- Hospital vendors/suppliers are asked to avoid face to face contact.