The term "auxiliary" can be defined "to offer help, assistance or support." This is exactly what we do. When you volunteer your services at the hospital, you demonstrate a desire to contribute toward making the patients more comfortable and better served. In so doing, you are helping the staff of the hospital.
The Auxiliary has health education programs to meet the needs of children, teens, older adults and special needs groups.
SHIIP (Senior Health Insurance Information Program) volunteers are trained by the Iowa Insurance Division to help clients understand Medicare billing. They also assist in problem solving, filling appeals, paying bills, and providing information about supplemental and long-term care insurance.
The MMC-NH Auxiliary has made it possible to award several scholarships each year. Please click here for a complete description of scholarships and application forms.
The Auxiliary has made financial contributions to Mercy - New Hampton since it's inception. Fundraising projects include Jewelry Sales, Spring and Christmas Bake Sales & Book Fairs, Raffles, Purse Sales and Chocolate Tasting Event.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Providing leadership, ideas and guidance for fundraising events
- Making baked goods to donate to sales
- Planning and coordinating fundraisers
- Assisting in various capacities with the local blood drives
- A variety of other activities
Volunteers are an essential part of Mercy Medical Center - New Hampton. Volunteers offer a helping hand in many areas of the hospital. They greet outpatients at the specialty clinic, deliver patient and staff mail, help prepare mailings and organize the Head Covers program. If you are interested in volunteering, please call 641-394-1626. A volunteer Application is available here.
The Auxiliary is a non-profit organization. Members are people just like you who wish to support programs that benefit Mercy Medical Center - New Hampton. There are three types of membership:
- Active Member - Annual dues of $10.00 and participation in active service programs of the Auxiliary
- Contributing (Inactive Member) - Annual dues of $20.00, which relieves the member of Auxiliary activities or any responsibility/participation that is required
- Active Life Members - One-time fee of $100.00 and participation in active service programs of the Auxiliary